Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Back Pages, Sort Of


I just don't promote this book often, because it's about me. As if anything I've ever lived through warranted a book.

At one point, I followed the logic that I needed to keep a blog that served basically as a glorified diary (that the whole world could read.)

At another point, I decided that my personal inflection and experience weren't meant to be so public, so I switched the focus of said blog to record only my career episodes that were ironic in some not-so-boring or comical way.

What resulted was a documented journey through the maze that consumes itself like a snake devouring its own tail – Hollywood, and the self-torture of trying to fit in it… and the even grander, odds-defying act of becoming relevant there.

Hardly worth mentioning (but I will anyway) – the resulting book I molded from it, HOLLYWOODN'T: THE MAD MARCH TO STARDUMB, came out a bit shorter than I'd originally envisioned. But it doesn't short-change on the funny!

If you love to laugh at failures – that's what comedy is, afterall; someone else's tragedy – your sides will hurt reading this!

It's about me, that's why it's so cheap, in paperback or e-reader format!

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Get it while it still has this cover – it may become a collectors' item.

No comments:

Post a Comment